Product Development Department Brief
The Product Development Department is established to develop products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications of products, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Roles and responsibilities of the department includes:
- Identifying potential products on a demand driven basis by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's products to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Developing a framework for actualizing product sales strategies in line with NAMEL’s policy.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Packaging of new Mechanization Service Providers (MSPs), in collaboration with the Technical Team for the actualization of the PSDAMP short term, medium term and long-term goals.
- Developing framework for the partnership with individual, donor agency, development partners, strategic partners, vendor partners, financial partners, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.