PSD - SMS PROGRAMME
PRIVATE-SECTOR DRIVEN – SUSTAINABLE MECHANIZATION SCHEME (PSD - SMS)
PRIVATE-SECTOR DRIVEN – SUSTAINABLE MECHANIZATION SCHEME (PSD - SMS) is a sustainable mechanization service delivery product designed to provide mechanization solutions to Agricultural Programmes and Projects of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) – Anchor Borrower’s Programme (ABP), Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme (AADS) and Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme (CACS).
The PSD – SMS Scheme takes away the burden of equipment provision from the government, creates a stable and organize market with accurate data provision, increases the farmers’ productivity through our Productivity Enhancement Strategy (PES) as well as accessibility, affordability, and sustainability of mechanization equipment
NAMEL’s scope of operations under the scheme are:
- Providing tractors/Implements and various Agro-Machineries to Mechanization Service Providers (MSPs) nationwide under a single obligor structure and a lease finance model.
- Coordinating the provision of the mechanization services required by the ABP, AADS and CACS Programmes.
- Providing a real-time tracking system to ensure that the mapped land are the ones cultivated
- Providing Stakeholders with data on - Real-Time Monitoring of farming activities and mechanization service delivery; Map Application & Farms coordinates; Production Analysis, density & Intensity; Payment and funds management analysis through its ICT platform
- provide advisory services to other stakeholders in the programme in other to guarantee Return on Investment with its over 28 years of combined experience.
- Provide mechanization extension services and other advisory services to the farmers towards guaranteeing increased productivity through our SMART Programmes