NAMEL in a bid to embrace 21st century technological model in digitalizing Agricultural Mechanization in Nigeria has put in place an efficient and effective ICT Unit to ensure the smooth running of its IT operation for maximum productivity.
To this effect, the unit has developed and designed the Agricultural Machinery Data Tracking Center (AgroMach DTC) to keep track of all agricultural machineries deployed through NAMEL through a tap and Digital Loan Repayment Monitoring System (Digi LOREMS) to ensure proper documentation of all agricultural machineries, track the influx of finances and seamless monitoring of financial transactions respectively.
ICT Unit performs the following roles;
- Monitor the deployment, performance and maintenance of ICT Infrastructure.
- Providing technical support and advice to users.
- Promote productive use of Information Management System.
- Maintain adequate security on all data systems.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Installation and maintenance of all official hardware and gadgets.
- Provide database administration and support for all corporate systems.
- Analyze all data collected from machineries and distributes results amongst stakeholders.
Generally, the ICT unit oversees all the technical affairs of the organization.