Monitoring & Evaluation Unit Brief
The unit is charged with the responsibility of examining the company’s operations and projects, appraising performance and providing information and guidelines to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of organizational operations/projects.
The actual evaluation deals with appraisal of operations and projects while the monitoring aspect involves providing detailed information on the progress of work to ensure the Project timeline is adhered to.
The M&E unit is tasked with:
- Assisting in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Assisting in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.